* Vol. 12 - 26 Are you a friend of the world?

I'm not a friend of the world.

I do not support, nor approve, adultery, fornication, homosexual/lesbian, drunkards.

If you are a friend of the world, the world will love you, says Jesus.

John 15:18-19    If the world hate you, ye know that it hated ME before it hated you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.


*****


Before I was born again, I was a friend of the world.  

A young woman lived with her boyfriend.  I went to dinner at their apartment.  He wore shoulder length hair.  I was their friend, supporting them in their sins.  I had no idea at the time this was sin.  I just viewed what they were doing as personal preferences.

I was attracted to a writer at Dallas Morning News.  I learned he was homosexual.  I was sorry, for I would have enjoyed him.  I didn't realize this was sin.


*****


But after I was born again, I was removed from the darkness of this world and translated into the kingdom of Christ, the Word.  

I was given the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit.

Then I was no longer a supporter of sins of this world.

I see such sins on TV, although the minute they come on screen I quickly close my eyes and stop the program as fast as I can, not wanting to partake of their sins.

Now I am an enemy of the world. 

Certainly it would hate me if it knew I existed, for I will reveal its sins.



*****


Several years ago, my neighbor came to me asking if I would consider renting him a room at my house for the approaching week-end.  He said they were celebrating an anniversary and several were coming from out of town and he did not have room to house them.

I told him I would not rent a room but he was welcome to use my spare room.

He said he needed a space for his wife's daughter and her friend.

I was jarred immediately ... "Her friend?"  ... What is this?

He said they are lesbians.

I told him I could not allow this in my house.  But if he had a married couple, they could use the room.

He said he didn't approve of lesbians either.

He apparently told his wife what I said.  She had been friendly.  After this she showed hostility toward me.

This is what happens when we show ourselves to belong to God.  

Like Moses we esteem Christ of greater riches than the riches of this world.  Hebrews 11

We suffer the rebuke for Christ's sake.


*****


James 4:4    Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.


*****


Don't think you can approve the world while serving God.

Many churches today open their doors and welcome the world and their sins under the deception.

They do not speak of these sins.  

In such cases, no one repents for sins are accepted and even approved by church groups.

Accept all, tolerate all is their new doctrine.  All sin like this is greeted under the guise of love.

It is the end time apostasy in the church.  Lawlessness in the church.


*****

II Thessalonians 2    NASB   

Man of Lawlessness


3-8    Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the day of the Lord) will not come unless the

apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes (opposes scripture) and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.   Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?   And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.   For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.  Then that lawless one will be revealed





*****

When the scriptures were removed, even in part, the restraint holding antichrist out of the church group was removed and lawlessness against the scripture moved into the church.

The apostasy of the end times.