Exhortations For The Church: Volume 1




Preface

At the end of March, 2012, God gave me the following dream … A woman was singing.  I heard her and said, “It’s a nice little voice … it’s a “little” voice but it’s a nice little voice.”

I saw this was a way to communicate with the church … I knew to start a blog on Internet.  The blog is a "little voice", but it is a "nice little voice", where you can give daily exhortations to the church which go all over the world instantly at no cost to the ministry... "a nice little voice"...

Since that time, we have been doing daily exhortations for the church as we are led by the Spirit of God … as per:

Hebrews 3 … 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 10 … 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Exhort means:  to urge earnestly by advice, warning … 

This we do daily on blog:  You can read future daily exhortations on Internet at:

Jesus Ministries Exhortations

We are reprinting some of these previous exhortations in this book. 

It might be helpful for reader to focus on one exhortation per day, concentrating on doing the instruction, applying the instruction into your own life. 

For it is the doer of the word who benefits spiritually and makes the exhortation a real part of the foundation you are building for your life on this present earth. 

Remember the following very important exhortation given us by the apostle James ...    

James  2 ...  Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works:shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.  

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.  

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?   

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?  

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness:and he was called the Friend of God.  

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.


1
Identification With Christ


When we deliver a godly message to another person and that person hates and despises us because of the message we suffer in the flesh similar to the way Jesus Christ suffered in the flesh because of the sin of man.

A man in our little church group saw his adult age daughter, who says she is a Christian, about to commit a sin.  He gave her what the Bible says and she became angry with him and even said their relationship was "over" because he did this.

It hurt him a lot.

This is the form of suffering we do for the gospel when we see a person about to commit a sin and we try to turn that person back to the godly instruction in the Bible.

This is the suffering of Christ.  As HE suffered for our sins to bring us to God, we suffer for sins of others as we try to turn them to God by giving them scripture showing the way of God in the matter at hand.

This is our going to our cross for it is our responsibility to try to turn the wrong doers (especially in the church) to God.   

I Peter 2:21 ...For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 

I Peter 3:18 ... For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

When we see the wrong, especially in the church, we attempt to turn the wrong-doer back to God with the truth from God.   We often suffer as a result.

James 5 ...  19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

We do not try to cover up their sins while allowing them to continue in the sins, rather we present Bible giving them an opportunity to accept the Word of God concerning the specific sins which washes away their sins.

My mother enjoyed horoscopes.  From the time I was a child, she would buy the monthly horoscope book from the drug store and read my horoscope to me.

Before I was born again, I bought her a set of Zodiac mugs.  

After I was born again, I was visiting her and I opened the cabinet and saw those mugs sitting there.  I took a garbage bag and began filling the bag with those mugs.  (My mother was watching me.) Finally, she said, "What are you doing?  I want to keep those mugs.  You gave them to me."  I didn't say a word. I just walked to the door, having the bag of mugs in my hand.  I went directly to the garbage in alley and broke the mugs and left them in the dumpster.

I returned to the house.  I didn't say a word.  I got a Bible and began reading the following scripture to my mother.

Deuteronomy 18 ... 9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord:and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God. 14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners:but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do. 

When I finished reading Bible, there was silence for a moment, then my mother said:  "Then I guess we'd better not do that anymore."   I believe my mother was born again at that moment.

I returned to the city where I was living at that time.  A few days later, I received a letter from my uncle.  He said, "Your mother has changed ... she has really changed."

That is what being born again is about ... We are changed by God into new creations ... the old is removed and the new, created by God, appears.

II Cor. 5:17 ... Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.



Another example: 

I was trying to turn a born again Christian away from her wrong-doing.  For several days, I gave her scripture hoping she would get understanding from God and see what she had been doing and turn.

One day I was very tormented with memories of her actions. 

The next day, I called her and presented another message.   

That morning before I called, she had prayed asking God if anything was hidden from her to please show her.

I called and told her what I had been shown about her actions and the reason she kept sinning over and over in this area which had to do with desiring acknowledgement from church people, from me and others, desiring our approval.  This desire for our approval was causing her way to be perverted.

 I told her when we belong to God, HE gives us HIS approval by giving us the Holy Spirit.  When we have the Holy Spirit in us we do not need further approval.

Eph. 1 ...3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein HE hath made us accepted in the beloved.
 

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
 

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

We who deliver godly messages go through a type of "cross", suffering in our flesh as a result of the message.  This is the identification we have with the suffering of Christ.  We are trying to turn man away from sin.  Christ went to the cross because of the sin of man, to bring us to God, to take away our sins.

I Peter 4:1 ...  Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind:

The apostle Paul said:  7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;  Phil. 3

When we correct those in the church, it is not unusual to have them strike out at us.  We suffer greatly when this happens.  But we are suffering "for their sins".  It is because they are sinning in the church and God shows us what they are doing wrong that we suffer for telling them the message of the Bible on the subject at hand.

Here is one of the most outstanding stories I have ever heard concerning suffering in the church because church members are following direction opposite from that of the Bible.

This happened to Pam Padgett when she was attending a church near Oklahoma City.  

Here is Pam's account ... During the last months of college, I rented a room in a house owned by a woman I met in the singles group of the church group I attended at the time. This woman had been divorced twice and had a young daughter. At first she seemed content to remain unmarried and raise her daughter. But then she started looking for another husband. I shared with her scripture that tell us that a divorced woman commits adultery if she remarries:

Matthew 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 But I (Jesus) say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mark 10:11 And HE (Jesus) saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Romans 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

After sharing these scriptures, I was shocked when she told me that she didn't care what the Bible says, she said she knew what she believed.

I moved from her house shortly after this.

The place I moved was quite a distance from where this church group met. Although I continued to attend the Sunday services and would sit in the area of the auditorium where the singles group sat, I no longer attended the singles meetings.

I heard this divorced woman was engaged to a man I also knew from the singles group. I went and spoke with him, and I shared scriptures with him such as Matthew 5:31-32 showing that they would commit adultery if he married her since she was divorced. He said he would consider these things, but he did not stop the engagement.

Then I heard that the maid of honor at the wedding was to be a woman I also knew. I went and spoke with her, sharing scripture about the adultery that would be committed by this marriage. She said she knew it was wrong for them to marry but they would get married whether or not she was the maid of honor, so she was going to do it.

(But Bible says:  neither be partaker of other men's sins:keep thyself pure. I Tim. 5:22)

About this time, I went to one of the Sunday morning services. I arrived before any of the other singles, and sat in the area where we usually sat. But no other singles came to sit there.

Right before the service began, I looked around and saw that the singles were sitting a few pews behind me. I thought this strange, but didn't think a lot about it.

The next Sunday I sat in the "new" singles area, but they sat in the "old" singles area.

The following week, I got there shortly before the service began, and went to where the singles were sitting.

Without saying a word, those I sat next to got up and moved away from me.

It was obvious they wanted nothing to do with me, but I had no idea why.

I cried out to God asking what was going on? “Had I done something wrong?”

For a few weeks I didn't hear anything from God, and didn't know why I had become an outcast from the singles.

Then after the service one Sunday morning, a woman I didn't know very well stopped me and said she had a message from God for me.

The message she delivered was that God knew how I was being treated by those in the singles group, and that I needed to know it was because of what I had spoken about this divorced woman remarrying and that this was what HE had wanted me to do. 

I was so helped by this message, now knowing why I was being shunned and that it was for doing good in the sight of God



*****


Exhortations For The Church:  Volume 1
 Available from amazon.com in paperback and eBook




*****