*1/8. Do not use this chapter (per Joan 5/24/2018)




Must Not Allow Root of Bitterness ... How to Deal With Bitterness 


Heb. 12:13-15 ... And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; 



*****

When we are offended by someone, unless we turn to God and work through the offense, a root of bitterness can develop in us and in time bring forth fruit through us and defile many.

Paul tells us this is a device of Satan.

We must work through this with God. We must work until we have forgiven the offender or until we recognize we are the offense ourselves. (I know when I see where I have done wrong that other person is no longer a problem to me.)

Paul explains:

II Cor. 2:10-11 ... To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.